It takes a village to pull off a great event
When it comes to pulling off a great event, we know that it takes a ‘village’, that’s why our approach is so refreshing for planners and groups who choose Downtown Peterborough to host their meetings and events.
We offer all the amenities in a heritage downtown setting steps from the river and the lake, and just minutes away from famed Kawarthas cottage country. Unique venues, all in close proximity, provide a wide variety of unique meeting, presentation and dining options on their own or as a multiple site experience. Collaboration is the key to an exceptional boutique destination experience for groups of all sizes.
Top 10 Reasons Downtown Peterborough is a great location for your next event:
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the high traffic areas of Downtown Peterborough
- A vibrant culinary scene with more than 110 places to eat offering a wide variety of food and experience options… Check out the café district and relax on a patio
- Recharge by the water … Situated on the Trent-Severn Waterway, enjoy the water by renting a canoe, kayak or stand up paddle board, or just enjoy a coffee at the Silver Bean Café
- Enjoy our bike friendly business area – one of five communities in Ontario to be designated – with more cycling infrastructure on its way. No bike? No problem, there are bike share and bike rentals available
- Looking for a memorable night out? Downtown Peterborough has a bustling nightlife of clubs, pubs and bars. Did someone say Karaoke?
- Throughout the year, and by request for groups, you can take a tour and learn about the historic heart of Peterborough, with rich stories and renovated structures from the 19th and early 20th century
- Experience dozens of free annual events and festivals, from live music to multicultural cuisine, celebrations of local craft beer to active living
- Downtown is the centre for local arts and culture, from major performance venues to art galleries, it’s the entertainment hub of the region
- Who doesn’t love adding a little shopping in on a business trip? Downtown Peterborough has many unique and boutique retail businesses
- There are 185 hotel rooms located in the heart of downtown Peterborough, with close to 500 more hotel rooms just a short drive away and close to 30,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space throughout the downtown core.