WE LOVE TURING HEADS
We prefer not to call them bragging rights, but we’ll certainly take credit where the credit is due. Here are our top five newsworthy mentions that are making Edmontonian’s across the city feel all warm and fuzzy!
- For the first time, Edmonton has found itself on a list ranking the best cities in the world. Edmonton came in at No. 60 on the World’s Best Cities 2018 list, which is compiled by global consulting firm Resonance Consultancy.
- Edmonton ranks number eight on Cvent’s annual list of the Top 10 Meeting Destinations in Canada for 2018. You can view our press release here.
- Edmonton continues to make a name for itself in the international food scene. Three of Air Canada’s Top 10 new restaurants, as ranked in EnRoute Magazine, are in Edmonton. That’s not all, OpenTable named 13 Edmonton restaurants among Canada’s best hidden gems.
- Edmonton ranks third in Airbnb’s top trending destinations in 2018 just behind Gangneung Korea, location of the 2018 winter games, and the seaside resort of Bournemouth in the U.K.
- Edmonton is one of the 50 best places to travel in 2018, according to digital and print magazine Travel + Leisure. It was one of only two Canadian cities to make the cut, Toronto being the other.
EDMONTON’S ICE DISTRICT LOCATED IN THE HEART OF DOWNTOWN.
2017-2018 has been a monumental year for Edmonton’s new Rogers Place in Edmonton ICE District. ICE District is Canada’s largest mixed-use entertainment district (all phases completed by 2020). The $5.5 billion, 25-acre development area includes; hotels, office towers, a wide range of shops, restaurants, nightclubs, a casino, theatres and more.
Not only did the inaugural year include an unforgettable Canada 150 celebration, awarding of Green Key Level five status, hosting of the PBR Global Cup and hundreds of transitions from on-ice events to epic on-stage events, it was also the first time in 11 years that the Oilers made the playoffs!
- Home to the Edmonton Oilers
- 18,500 seat capacity
- State of the art arena
- Group ticket options
- Various oﬀ-site rental spaces
JW MARRIOTT EDMONTON ICE DISTRICT
- Opening 2019
- 356-room luxury hotel
- 25,000 square feet of meeting space
- 10,000 square foot ballroom
- Connected to Rogers Place