10 Reasons to Meet in Calgary
What makes Calgary stand out as a meeting destination? The energy and experience. Its people, its downtown, and its industries are all growing and thriving. Not to mention the city has more than 100 years of experience hosting the world at the Calgary Stampede, Winter Olympics, and at 700 annual festivals. That adds up to one impressive resume.
- A hub for business events. Calgary has not one but two venues for large events: the downtown Calgary TELUS Convention Centre and east-side BMO Centre at Stampede Park.
- Wonderfully compact. Meeting in Calgary puts attendees in the vibrant cultural and entertainment districts, where they can walk from their meeting to restaurants, museums, shopping, and theaters.
- Fresh air everywhere. Calgary has 497 miles of walking and cycling paths and two of the largest urban parks in world.
- A quick flight away. A western Canadian hub, Calgary is no more than one stop away from any major city in the world.
- A base camp for adventure. Less than an hour from downtown are the Canadian Rocky Mountains and nearby UNESCO World Heritage Sites, like Dinosaur Provincial Park.
- Inspired cuisine. Calgary’s ambitious, award-winning chefs are earning the city a well-deserved international reputation for delightful fare.
- Get distilled. Alberta’s ideal growing conditions produce some of the world’s best barley, helping to fuel Calgary’s booming microbrewery and distillery scene.
- Inspiration is everywhere. Take groups on a field trip to the National Music Centre, Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame, or Spruce Meadows for a deep dive into what makes Calgary unique.
- A clean energy leader. Calgary-based companies operate one-third of Canada’s wind-generation installations, and the clean tech market in the region’s oil and gas sector reached an estimated $1.3 billion last year.
- The ultimate host. Working with Meetings + Conventions Calgary is sort of like visiting a close friend, the kind who knows all of the hidden local gems and never forgets to leave chocolate on the pillow.